Everytime I get my Passport stamped, it gives me an adrenaline rush .. After all I am going to explore another country.
Thie time it was the pearl of the Adriatic Sea , Dubrovnik & Montenegro ( The Black Mountains of the Balkans )
The best time to visit Dubrovnik is End of Sept- Begining Oct . Weather wise early Oct was perfect , temperature is about 20-21 degrees C .The sea temperature was warm enough for a swim in the gorgeous blue waters of The Adriatic Sea.
The first thing that I did when I was planning the trip was to find a beautiful apartment close to old town . After reading several blogs , I knew that I had to stay close to old town . So the challenge was to find a place which was not crowded and had a beautiful sea view . So I shortlisted a few and finalised on Sunset Rooms at 5 Zlatni Potok . It was moderately priced at 80£ per night and you don’t really mind paying when you wake up a spectacular view from your room. CROATIA though is a part of Eu does not accept Euros . You need to have Croatian Kunas on you .
Few things that you must do when in Dubrovnik
– Visit the old town. That is where the buzz is . it’s a beautiful mediaeval structure with Gothic & Renaissance churches .
– Walk the wall surrounding th old town . There are pockets of viewing galleries from start to finish . There are also bars serving water , juices & beer so rest a bit and enjoy a drink before finishing the walk .
– Enjoy the cable car ride to the top of Srd hill . yea the birds eye view of the old town and the several islands in the sea .
– If you are Game of Thrones true fan , please do the walking tour . I am not Into Game of Thrones , so I skipped that tour
– The most exciting part of the trip was taking a dip in the sea . I had all the plans to jump of the Cliff from Buza Bar but ended up jumping from the little promenade at Banje beach .. Just chickened out last minute 🙄🙄 .
– There are many Pubs and restaurants in the old City . If you want a great view from breakfast .. Grande Arsenal has a terrace sitting overlooking the old harbour has a good brunch menu .Poklisar , Pupo, Pasta lab ( open until 2 am ) . Most of the restaurant I visited had amazing spread of sea food .
– Must watch the Sunset from Buza Bar in Old town . The bar is perched on a cliff and the sunset from there is spectacular. Another must visit sunset point is Uvala Lapad beach .
– Watersports , Kayaking , island hopping , Snokelling are great options too
– We went on a day escursion to Montenegro.. There are several busses plying to the neighbouring countries of Montenegro , Bosnia & Herzegovina . Make sure you have Euros on you because they don’t accept Croatian Kunas
– I am not a guided travel person . I plan my own trips but this guided tour was quite insightful . the tour conductor was knowledgeable and took us to the right places I would say .
– PERAST – a small little town in the Bay of Kotor , is prominent for the islet of Our Lady of rocks , there is a church on the island with a blue dome and the other mostly all in Boroque style ( it’s a dramatic and free flowing form of art that started around 1600 in Italy , specifically in Rome )
– Kotor – Old town and walk up the city wall – Kotor’s old town is quaint little square with restaurants , shops , churches etc . There were stone houses with green windows throughout old town .
– Budva – Budva was a small little town in the southern part of bay of Kotor . the sandy beach was magnificent. The Adriatic Sea looked blue as the eyes of Daniel Craig ( James Bond ) . Not to forget Casino Royale was filmed in Montenegro and very much in Kotor & Budva
– Food in Montenegro was unparalleled. the portion size was big and delicious. My suggestion is to eat sea food .. My suggestion is to visit Jadran Kod Krasta. I can assure if you that you will remember me and thank me If you happen to order octopus salad with garlic emulsion and fresh herbs . it was salty , acidic and flavourful .
– If you decide to stay in Kotor overnight you must try paragliding . I don’t have the heart for jumping off the cliff but if you think you can it will be a great experience.
While I board the flight for my next destination , you can enjoy reading about Dubrovnik & Montrnegro
If you stop by to read this blog , do say hello & drop in a msg ,
Insta – Tonoyachaudhuri19
Please check the Visa rules before travelling to Croatia